poppy birds

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Silver linings and tender mercies

Well, unfortunately I was right. It's already been a tough week. My poor baby had another seizure tonight. How frustrating it is as a parent that I don't know how to help Audrey nor can I stop these from coming on. I feel so helpless in a situation as this where I believe she is teething, something I can't prevent (like a sickness) and her little body just can't take the stress. However in spite of all this, I can't stop and think about all the bad without recognizing the good in each situation and feel so blessed.
I know we are put through trials to learn here on earth, and the Lord helps us through each day in anyway we allow him to. Here are just a few tender mercies we had tonight within the events that transpired.
When I felt like I had had enough on my own, because Audrey didn't feel good and had been screaming for an hour, I was able to call my mom for help. She came over to help with the kids. Even just to rock Audrey for a few minutes helped immensely. she then took Garrett to go get dinner and run an errand. A much needed break while Audrey slept. She was then back with few minutes to spare, when Audrey woke up and started into her seizure. Where we loaded up and headed for the hospital. (new instructions will hopefully prevent any more speeding trips to the ER) Audrey was able to stop on her own after 6.5 min. Yea! Always a good thing!! We just happened to be at the island market at that time where we decided to head to my parent's church house where my dad was at meetings. We pulled him out and grabbed a fellow priesthood member who came to my parents house and gave Audrey a blessing. She was able to clam down, take her meds for the night and sleep. Being the sweet girl she is, when she woke up getting ready for bed, she gave us her big happy smile, which always puts my heart at ease.
To me this is a smooth chain of events where I know the Lord was watching over us. I feel blessed and hope that the doctors will know the next steps in order to help Audrey.
So grateful for my husband who does it all.... Work, school, and family. We both can't wait for graduation day! :)
Thanks to both of our great parents who help out whenever we need it and whenever we ask! I can't imagine doing all of this without family close by.

No comments:

Post a Comment