poppy birds

Thursday, May 22, 2014

It's almost Summer!!!

It's almost summer time again. I can't believe how it always seems to sneak up on me. But I do LOVE summer. We have been pretty busy these last few months... hence to reason I havn't posted anything for 3 months. We have sold our house, moved, and just living life.
 I was sad to move from our house in Prov. It was a great house with many great memories. I have an unusually hard time with change... I hate it, plain and simple. I enjoy having my 'safe' places. I can't think of how else to describe it. I think I just know that I'm growing as a person and leaving that part of me there...so to speak. I just don't like change. so there. My favorite part about moving was, experiencing it through Garrett's eyes. He only had one day where he wanted to 'go home'. I think that was my hardest moment of all. But once he saw that we had moved all our things (aka his toys), and Jack (the dog). He was fine to not go back. What a great reminder that we only need the important things to come with us in order to be happy. Only 4 yrs old, and taking me to school ;)
Prov. House transformation...




We will miss being there, but exciting things await...



We have loved living in the 'new house', even thought it's not entirely done and we are still in full construction mode. dark floors and dust are not clean home friends, but I do love picking out everyone's shoe prints. At least I know where everyone has been :) we also have a little river trail we walk on to get to the grassy field (aka park with no equipment yet) We've loved just taking a little stroll after dinner to let the kids run around. Audrey especially loves it because she can 'run in circles'. She just likes to run free. I tend to hover quite a bit with her. Garrett likes to have sidewalk to ride his bike and scooter. He's getting really good at it. If only he could keep his eyes on the road I would think about trying without training wheels.... I can't believe how grown up he's getting. I tried to plant some pots in hope that it would feel a little homier... and I love how they turned out. I can't wait to see how they look by the end of summer all full and blooming! Plus I hope the tomatoes make it. Jordan has been working his heart out, here and at work. We're trying to finish the basement and driveway first, then maybe deck and a piece of yard. There's a never ending list to do. But it will be a lovely home when we're done! I'm excited to see how it transforms. I'll have to take pictures like the old house.


Audrey update:
I somehow feel like this is the "weather part" in the newscast.. which is my favorite and I feel most important.
Testing in Spain has been delayed and I don't know if we will ever get it done... We took a sample and sent over to Spain the first part of April. In May when we went in for our schedules appt. we found out the sample had been delayed by customs (they don't know why) and so the sample was not viable when the testing facility was suppose to receive it (within 72 hrs of draw). Why it took a month to find that out is comprehensible to me. whatever. so now we're on hold to see if we redraw and ship it differently or what. Hopefully we can figure it out by the end of June... who knows. until then we are continuing with medication treatment.
These last couple of months Audrey has kind of regressed. She was having 1 seizure every 2 weeks, then 1 a week, then she hit 2 in 2 days, and finally 6 in 2 days. it was rough. August was the last time we had to give her emergency meds, so we made it 7 months. not bad. Plus we now have new meds for when she starts to have clusters like that, which are oral. so I hope those will help reset her.  I hate to start having her be predictable and the meds maybe not working going into summer. we are such outside people. She loves to play at the park, and we like to go camping, hiking, boating, etc. Plus she did have one today while at the park. So I think we will be getting her a cooling vest this year. Hopefully that will help us not be couped up in the house like in the wintertime.
Audrey also has gotten glasses. Turns out she's farsighted. She still looks pretty cute in her glasses. I decided to go with Lavender ones.. but she calls them her "ewt eewws". (woot woos, like when you whistle at someone) it's too cute! 

So that about sums up our lives for the past 3 months.
Bring it on summer!

Side note- My brother will be done with his mission in July and I'm headed over with my parents to pick him up! I'm so excited to go to PARIS FRANCE!!!!!! I'm so looking forward to going to Europe. I've never been and can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see an update Arica!
    Can't wait to see pictures of your new house. The yard at your old house is gorgeous!
    Sorry to hear that Audrey is having more seizures :(
    Is there a reason you're not having the testing done in the U.S.?
    Also, if you want a cooling vest, we have one that was given to us that we've never used (the heat doesn't seem to do much to Ben...not now anyway) You're welcome to it although it might be a bit to big for her right now.
    Those glasses are darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aimee, we aren't doing the testing in the U.S. because insurance doesn't cover the $9800 bill. The testing in Spain only has us pay the shipping to get it there, so maybe $500? Hoping we can figure it out. I'll let you know about the cooling vest. I'm hoping the cafeteria plan will cover it, so we'll see.

    ReplyDelete